HRBR Automatic Multi-Plate Bioreactor (AMPBR) System
The AMPBR is based on our patented HRBR technology for adherent cell cultures using 2D multi-plate culture vessel. The novel patented automatic multi-plate bioreactor (AMPBR) system is similar to our automatic multi-tray bioreactor (AMTBR) system except the vessel comprising a single closed vessel filled with a module of multiple plates. AMTBR comprises multiple trays stacked together and forms multiple compartments communicated with common manifolds. AMPBR has only one compartment. The oxygenation of this system relies primarily on the performance of Roller Bottle Principle. This provide the most efficient oxygenation and far superior to that relying on the oxygen diffusion through silicon tubing system used on Pall's Xpansion bioreactor. In this patented system both sides of plates are utilized and thus the surface area is doubled for the same size of vessel used in Xpansion.
How Does It Work?
• Use of HRBR technology and a supporting container which holds the multi-plate vessel to serve as an incubator. Also performs all culture processes in one closed system
• Application of active gassing to promote the gas exchange in the gas phase.
• Performance of the roller bottle principle for the most efficient oxygenation.
Comparison of Xpansion, Cell Factory and AMPBR
(1) Cell Factory (40 tray vessel) requires automatic modulator platform, shaker and incubator to operate separately for each step of the entire culturing process. Xpansion requires Lift , Harvest station and Bioreactor. AMPBR requires only one vessel and one location is a true total closed system. The foot print is thus
Cell Factory >> Xpansion > AMPBR
(2) Oxygenation: Cell Factory by diffusion, passive gassing; Xpansion by silicon diffusion; AMPBR by roller bottle method
efficiency AMPBR >> Xpansion > Cell Factory
(3) Vessel size for the same surface area: Cell Factory >> Xpansion >> AMPBR (1/2 of Xpansion)