MA-Series: Mechanically-Agitated BioReactor Systems
Mechanically Agitated (MA) systems are the most common and universal type of bioreactors available today. Our MA bioreactor is distinguished from other systems in terms of construction and design. Our modular design, open sourced software, and use of industry-standard materials & components result in durability, simple installation, straightforward use, and uncomplicated maintenance. Based on the same design philosophy we chose to construct our mini system with the same individual unit as large ones using each individual monitor and control system instead of sharing one single PC based system for maximum reliability, flexibility, functionality and still in consideration of cost affordability.
To meet a wide range of requirements we carry a complete line of MA bioreactors that include sizes ranging from 5 L bench-top scale to greater than plant-production scale of 50,000L; and for a diversity of applications such as microbial, plant, insect, animal, and human cells, and for both adherent & suspension cell cultures. We also welcome the opportunity to partner with you in designing a completely customized MA system.
Our MA system for microbial culture (100/200/300/400) and cell culture (150/250/350/450) are interchangeable. The entire vessel configuration and control system are identical except Rushton impellers are used in the former and marine turbines and 4 gas mixer are used in the latter. Therefore it would be easily converted from cell to microbial culture application by simply replacing the impeller. However it would require to modify at factory to add 4 gas mixer if it is intended to convert from microbial to cell culture system.
Our MA100/150 5L systems can be used as a single use mechanically agitated bioreactor with single use vessels such as Distek's BIOne single use vessels and Eppendorf's single use vessels.
Customer Testimonial: "BioReactor Sciences' MA100 represents an excellent option for bench-scale bioreactor systems when ease-of-entry and fast batch turnaround times are required. With its Program and Setup features, industrial standard components, process automation and tune-ability, routine cultures are stable, robust and relatively trouble-free compared to similarly or higher priced glass/stainless systems. The MA100 is an excellent choice for those looking for an easy to use and dependable platform for small-to-medium microbial fermentation." - Kevin, Genesis Biosciences Fermentation Specialist.
Our MA bioreactor systems are made-to-order and can be customized to best fit your application.
- Industrial grade microprocessor
- Clearly presented graphic user interface with HMI color touch panel and easy parameter adjustment
- Trend display of up to 8 process values with variable display cycles for quick overview
- Specially configured gassing systems for microbial and cell culture
- Control of agitator speed, pH, DO, temperature, foam, filling level, substrate addition, gas mixture and gas volume (optional with mass flow controller)
- Agitation system directly driven by detachable AC servo motor
- Programmable peristaltic pumps
- Battery-protected memory storage for vital parameters
- Automated pH/DO calibration
- Gas mixing: N2/O2/Air-O2 mixture (for cell culture); O2/Air (optional for microbial culture)
- Communication protocol: two way RS485 and Ethernet interface for remote monitoring, control, and interface between user's computer and control console for data logging & remote operation
- MA 100/150: Autoclave sterilization or (optional) semi-automatic steam sterilization in place using a S/S cylindrical cover sealed to the S/S jacketed base; >MA 200/250 sterilized in place.
- Mass flow and controller (optional)
- Redox potential measurement (optional)
- Turbidity measurement for optical density (optional)
- Load cell (optional) for nutrient feed
- Spray ball for manual cleaning or CIP [Clean-In-Place] (optional)
- One rotameter for air (std for microbial culture); one additional rotameter and controller for enriched O2 if MFC is not used (optional). Four rotameters and controller for 4 gases (std for cell culture) if mass flow controller is not used.
- Microbial, plant, insect, and mammalian cells in batch, fed-batch, or continuous culture
- Process development and manufacturing of vaccines, recombinant proteins, and monoclonal antibody production
- Adherent cell culture with micro-carriers
MA-010/015 Mechanically-Agitated Bioreactor
- 6 independent 1 L mechanically agitated bioreactors are on one common s/s bench and share one 12" HMI color screen.
- MA-010 for microbial culture; MA-015 for cell culture.
- Bench top: vessel size (Total volume: 1L ) working volume can be about 40-80% of total volume depending on operating condition and internal configuration.Vessel:
- glass vessel with heating/cooling S/S jacketed bottom.
- Agitation speed: 0-1500/0-1000/0-600 rpm (impeller ratio: 1/2) for MA-010; 0-100/0-200 rpm (for MA- 015)
- Head plate: multiple sampling/feeding ports, 12mm ports for PH/DO probes, 8mm port for temperature probe, equipped with high efficient air condenser, handles on each side of the head plate for easy transportation, mounted with agitation unit.
- Power: 115v or 220v /50-60Hz
- Dimensions (cm): 80W x 40H x 40D (MA010/015)
- Dry weight: 70 Kg (approximate - control console only)
MA-100/150 Mechanically-Agitated Bioreactor
MA-200 and 250 Mechanically-Agitated Bioreactors
MA-300 and 350 Mechanically-Agitated Bioreactors
MA-400 and 450 Mechanically-Agitated Bioreactors